Kylie Travers has spoken at various events from conferences to board rooms on topics including:
– Social media monetisation
– Turning obstacles into opportunities
– 10 steps to success with goals
– Overcoming domestic violence, homelessness and rebuilding
– How to create a life you love
– Her personal story of homeless, domestic violence victim and single mum to multi-international award winning CEO, author, speaker and blogger.
Kylie is very open about her life and personal experiences, ha appeared in media and will tailor her presentation to your event. Her preference is to speak on overcoming obstacles, turning them into opportunities, motivation, goal setting, business, blogging, social media or finance. Contact her with any questions, enquiries or suggestions. If you would like Kylie to speak at your event email email@example.com with the name of the event or “Speaking request” in the subject line.
Kylie is open to talking about a variety of topics such as:
- How to overcome obstacles – Kylie offers 10 steps anyone can use to overcome obstacles in their life and move forward to a life they love.
- Homeless to CEO – Kylie became homeless because of domestic violence and shares a powerful story of what happened and the specific steps she took to turn her life around.
- How to make money blogging – Kylie started a blog in 2009, which lead to a book contract with Wiley, speaking internationally on blogging, social media monetisation and ways to make and save money. In 2014, Kylie founded Occasio Enterprises, a company which specialises in social media influencer marketing.
- Ways to make and save money – Kylie’s original blog was Aspiring Millionaire, where she shared ways to make and save money.
- Issues surrounding homelessness, domestic violence and how we can help
- Mental health – Kylie has overcome Borderline Personality Disorder, yet is still classed as having an ADHD brain. She has attempted suicide a few times when younger, battled with self harm, depression and had severe post natal depression. With the help of her psychologist she overcame her obstacles and now views her ADHD brain as a blessing.
Below is a video from a very personal presentation revealing a little more than Kylie has before about her experience and domestic violence triggers for This Is Not A Wife Beater.
The video below is some of Kylie’s experience, filmed for Sleep at the ‘G, which she spoke at in 2016.
Attendees of events Kylie has spoken at have this to say:
I want to thank you for such a fabulous seminar – Social Media for Money. What I liked best about it was the 5 different speakers that united on the fundamentals that all businesses need. It reminded me of the strength of five fingers – a helping hand, and how they all support a solid platform.
Loved it, would definitely go again. Julie”
~ Julie Okely of Dilkara
“So much awesome content today. I don’t even know where to start!”
— Troy Mason
“Very inspiring!!! Your background and your knowledge is amazing #socialmediaformoney seminar is a success! I can’t say enough good things about today’s seminar. Need more than 140 characters!!!!Best seminar I’ve gone to #socialmediaformoneyseminar by @KylieTravers_au and @Travis_Longmore. Not only inspiring but useful!”
— Ina J
“Too busy listening and taking notes to tweet @KylieTravers_au. Another fantastic and useful presentation. Thank U so much for this afternoon!”
— Rebecca Tregurtha
“What a jam-packed presentation about monetising social media. Almost forgot to Tweet!”
— Mel Bezear
A selection of events Kylie has spoken at is below. You can see more and upcoming events here.
Share The DigniTEA, 2016
Sleep At The ‘G, 2016
Business In Heels, Melbourne CBD 2016
Ladies Shine Bright Night, 2016
National Homelessness Summit, 2015
ACT Scouts White Ribbon Event 2015
Spoke in Parliament regarding homelessness 2015 (an iPhone recording I was unaware of at the time is here.)
Launch of This Is Not A Wife Beater Campaign, 2015 (View the launch video here)
Launch of Homelessness Prevention Week, 2015
Spoke at Canberra League of Extraordinary Women breakfast, 2015
Spoke at Canberra Business in Heels on blogging, 2015
Canberra Community Sleepout November 2014 (pictured above)
Sharing Pathways Out Of Poverty – Headline Event For Antipoverty Week with YWCA and St Vincent de Paul (press release here) October 2014
Financial Impact Women Living With And Leaving Domestic Violence – ACT Domestic Violence Prevention Centre & Women’s Centre for Health Matters in Antipoverty Week October 2014
Meet The Future Of Giving – Fundraising Institute of Australia October 2014
Presented Best Canadian Finance Blog and Best International Personal Finance Blog at The Plutus Awards, Fincon14
(Pictured here with Maria from The Money Principle, winner of Best International Personal Finance Blog for 2014)
Working Mums Masterclass Christmas Special 2013
The Financial Blogger Conference – FinCon12
Working Mums Masterclass April Event
Digital Parents 2012
If you would like Kylie to speak at your event email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the event or “Speaking request” in the subject line.